Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Various local enviroments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tomek
    Participant

Hello,
    Recently I was really, really annoyed with installing additional modules for php on my Mac. The problem was that I was using version 7.1 installed with brew, some other stuff etc. Long story short — what was meant to be simple came out very complicated, mostly because five tutorials = five ways of installing stuff, and none of them were very helpful for someone with little knowledge of how brew and Mac works together under the hood.

Anyway, a friend of mine suggested that I should switch to Docker. Sounded great, but the situation with this is similar — I can’t seem to find a decent tutorial or write-up on how to create php/mysql/nginx enviroment. When I try on my own, a lot of strange things happen, and I would really want to understand the whole process before I start using this.

I also though about Vagrant, but from what I found on the ‘net, it’s just like an older version of Docker.

Bottom line of this long post is — what do you use for your local development? When you need to have Symfony, Laravel, Craft, WordPress and the some installed side by side?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.