Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other USPS WooCommerce Plug-In Help Needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmoneruiux
    Participant

Is anyone familiar with WooCommerce? More specifically the USPS (united States Postal Service) shipping plug-in?

My client is a clothing store that sells mostly t-shirts. The plug-in refuses to work unless items have both weight and dimensions specified. However t-shirts don’t really have dimensions because they can be folded any which way.

How can I work this?

TheDoc

Why don’t you give dimensions based on the box they’ll be using to ship it?

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Well that’s the thing…if they order 1 shirt, it’ll be some kind of box. If they order 20 shirts, it’ll be a bigger kinda of box. Can’t define it by that.

The plug-in asks that each item have weight and dimensions applied to them. unless I’m seriously missing something.

RobbG
    Participant

Looking in the FAQ it states the following:
    Calculation
    Each order is automatically divided into packages of your defined box weight or less. The plugin will calculate how many packages need to be sent, calculate the cost of shipping each package and display the total cost to the customer on the cart and checkout.
    Have you tried to just put in the box dimensions for one t-shirt and box?

bmoneruiux
    Participant

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t apply. The plug-in wants each item to have a defined weight and dimension, not the dimensions of a box. It automatically tells you what boxes they fit in when calculated. We can’t decide what box the customer gets when the API specifically tells them what mode of shipping they’re paying for.

All I’m trying to find out is how to apply dimensions to something that doesn’t really have dimensions such as clothing since it can be folded in almost any way.

A t-shirt weighs roughly 6oz, however what do I put for dimensions???

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Is there anyone on this forum that has used WooCommerce (either for yourself or a client), and can shed some light on this shipping situation for me?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.