Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Urgent layout problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    broomhandle
    Participant

Big one though, even though .entry-content.wide img { margin-bottom: 6px; } has gone, the gap between “Berlin” and the gallery is still too small (aka 6px I believe). http://www.peterchamberlaincann.co.uk/blog/berlin/

broomhandle
    Participant

I meant remove all the borders, yeah like in your code.

Although, blue for everything sounds interesting lol.

That would be hard to do for tiled galleries though, wouldn’t it?

broomhandle
    Participant

Color hover code didn’t do anything I don’t think.

If I put a margin above the gallery, that will affect all spacing though won’t it? So, spacing if a post starts with text which is followed by a tiled gallery.

broomhandle
    Participant

Oh, I see it now, but it’s tiny, and not along the bottom edge. Won’t bother with that, easier to get rid of the borders for single images. :D

If I do that, will they resize at all to compensate or not?

broomhandle
    Participant

There’s already a bottom margin on the header. Is it possible to set a condition so that if a post starts with a tiled gallery, the bottom margin is larger?

broomhandle
    Participant

I don’t think img.size-full, .entry-content img {… has removed the borders.

broomhandle
    Participant

That blog post only has one image that isn’t in a tiled gallery, and that’s the first one, which already has a white border. :P

See this page: http://www.peterchamberlaincann.co.uk/blog/experimenting-with-bokeh-and-animation/

The bottom three images still have white edges.

broomhandle
    Participant

Ok thanks, I’m hoping that “1em” matches up with the existing header margin bottom? Not just a number you plucked out of the air? :D

broomhandle
    Participant

Great! The nonsense will come when I add the sidebar in and the images aren’t the right size anymore, but never mind that for now…

broomhandle
    Participant

Lol, it’d be nicer if you stuck around til I’ve fixed everything :D But everything so far is enough for one day!

broomhandle
    Participant

Re: trial and error, yes of course, that’s common sense! I do that easily without it hosted locally, it’s just as easy to undo an edit using cPanel.

broomhandle
    Participant

Ah, a hitch… tiled-gallery.js is part of a plugin, so if the plugin updates, won’t that wipe the changes?

broomhandle
    Participant

Oh, and I know how to use Firebug :P

broomhandle
    Participant

The gap under the headers isn’t a margin-bottom, it’s due to the margin-top of the paragraphs I believe. At the moment though, there is no value for ‘margin-top’, it’s not listed, yet there is a large gap, exactly 13px high. :S

Adding in margin-top: 0pxremoves the gap from the Berlin post and all others that begin with text. But for Evaluating Ever Decreasing Circles, there is still a gap, presumably because the post begins with an image.

broomhandle
    Participant

Additionally, I noticed there is an approx 2px gap to the right of the Portfolio gallery, presumably because the images don’t quite fill the 720px margins.

Is it possible to make the images slightly larger to fill the gap, so that they’re completely centred?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 152 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.