Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Urgent help needed. RE: using CSS float to layout elements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, hope you have Firebug or Web developer so you can view the div’s and corresponding CSS code that layout my site in progress.

Here is alink to my site

1) I want to make the social media icons that are in a div called socialmedia align right on the same vertical plane as the class menu.

Now what I was thinking was putting both of them in a div and floating one to the left and the other to the right. Will that keep them on the same plane? Right now as you can see the social icons are below the menu bar.

2) I want to move the search properties box right next to the Featured content gallery slider, however I can’t find the code or it. If I go to "view source"

I can see that the class it is in is rs

Here is the CSS syntax

.right_side .rs {
    float: right;
    width: 205px;
    margin:0 5px;

Should create a top-margin: 10px;

So it moves up? Can we do that

3) My clients current site is this:

As you can see the top logo.jpg is place on top of another image which is logo)_bg.jpg.

Now, what I was thinking of doing was to create a div

and then have the background be the logo_bg and have it no repeat.

How can I put the logo.jpg image on top of that, do I need a z index setting?

In other words, in a div

if you have the background be an image, how can you add another image superimposing or being displayed on top of the background image.

After I get these answer, we are done ! Thanks so much man!

Omar

There are two instances of social media icons.

Which one are you referring to?

You can create a div with a set height and padding, then float the menu left and the social media icons to the right. Each floated div should have a width.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.