Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Update Theme Broke JQuery Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bibly238
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone might be able to assist. I updated my theme and my Mega Menu immediately broke. I’ve used Firebug and tried to fix it, but I think this one’s a little over my skill level. Link to my site.

Would be grateful for any help.

Cheers :)

Alen
    Participant

Sorry to hear your having issues…

What theme are you using? Did you make any change to original code, before the update? Did you backup your theme folder before updating? Did you go through all the settings (plugins, etc) and see if any of the settings have changed, sometimes major updates will reset everything to default. Is the plugin driving the menu, up-to-date?

In the future before updating plugin or a theme, log in via FTP to your server, copy the theme folder or specific plugin folder, and rename it to example-theme to example-theme-2, or jquery-mega-menu to jquery-mega-menu-2. This way when you update, if somethings wrong, you can just delete the original (one with the update, example-theme) and just rename the backup you created example-theme-2 back to example-theme, restoring it to previous version.

Bibly238
    Participant

Alen,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I’ve not made any changes to the original theme files, I’ve got a child theme though. Checked plug-in settings, deactivated, reactivated, even deleted and reinstalled (emptying cache between each step).

One thing I didn’t do was copy the folders. That’s a great idea, thank you for that. As somewhat of a newbie to all this, that wasn’t something I even considered. I’ll definitely do that next time.

At this stage, I’ve asked the theme developer for some help, so I’ll close this thread. I’ve actually got a couple of issues going on so hopefully he can work his magic on all of them…. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.