Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS unwanted a:hover img color

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yardle

I’ve been trying every fix I can think of and am stumped :(

My site is http://threehundredchips.com.

For some reason, I’m getting a blue underline on any image that’s a link, with the exception of my header logo image, and any image that has an alignment value (for real, I’m not kidding…)

So if you visit my site, and hover over the first graph looking image that says “m0bstal0bsta” at the top, you’ll see a blue underline. If you hover over the image to the right of it, no blue underline. Same goes for the two square ad images below. The one on the right is fine, but the one on the left has the blue image.

The same thing happens to any linked image I put inside of a post.

http://threehundredchips.com/dfmnet is the blog of a registered user on my site. He’s posted an image inside his first post that is linked. The mysterious blue hover underline is there, as it is accessing the very same stylesheet.

I’ve inspected the elements using firebug and have no idea why this is happening.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

James

TheDoc

That blue line is coming from here:

a:hover{
    color: #fff;
    background-color: #2d83d5;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    yardle

TheDoc,

I realize that’s where it’s coming from. But how do I fix my linked images without affecting my linked text?

jamygolden

Check out this post.

Johnnyb

You could just be more specific in your CSS and target only links within paragraphs, lists etc:

p a:hover, li a:hover, ol a:hover{
    }

That way only those specific links would receive the background colour.

zackw

ya or put a class of hover(or whatever) just on the links u want to hover and do

a.hover {
    }

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.