Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Unordered Lists question!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    janet4now
    Participant

I am trying to create a footer in WordPress that lists the pages and subpages to format JUST like it’s typed below… with the main page followed by subpages on the same line, then the new main page is on the next line with it’s subpages, etc.

• Home
    • About Us

• Our People
      • Our Philosophy

• Services

• Creative
      • Instinctive

• Contact Us

• Employment Opportunities

The actual html is:

This shouldn’t be so hard — What am I missing? Here is the url: http://dev.trinityriverdesign.com/optivestinc/

Thanks in advance!

Musama

it’s better to do just the home about our process … and prevent the submenus because it’s a bad practice

tomrogers123

As all the subpages are contained in ul.children, couldn’t you just set them as inline eg:

.footer ul .children {
    display: inline
    }

If I’m misunderstanding your issue, get back to me and I’ll be glad to help.

TheDoc

Whoa whoa whoa. Why are we suggesting that a submenu is bad practice?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using nav is allot easier and more convenient than using lists as navigation.

Paulie_D
    Paulie_D

>the board was just barfing up the list in her code rather than formatting it as a code block.

You mean it’s just chucking out a list of ‘li’ without any indication as to whether they are submenu list items or not?

It doesn’t seem to be doing that now…

TheDoc

That’s because I fixed it ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.