Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design University Web Usability Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello all,
    Our team has been tasked with updating and managing a self-help tech support area for students and faculty on our university’s site.

I have some general ideas to improve (e.g., would like to find a way to avoid using drop-downs for main content), however I’d love to hear what your thoughts might be.

We are looking at the Digital Toolkit section of the site and it’s sub-pages. Link here:

http://www.pace.edu/its/teaching-and-learning/digital-toolkit

A few points:
    – We don’t have much control over the CSS or page templates in our CMS however we are free to reorganize the hierarchy of pages and do what we want within the main body of each page.
    – From looking at a few months worth of data in Google Analytics, most users are browsing from a desktop or laptop. This makes sense as most of the content is to support desktop applications and tools.

Thank you!
    Academic Technologies
    Pace University

Thanks Atelierbram,
    Yes, a brief intro which is not hidden by default would be useful. I think you’re also correct about replacing the pdf’s with a webpage. We are looking for modules that can help us create a knowledge base with filters and ratings for each tutorial. This would be part of a larger update next year.
    -Thanks for your feedback

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.