Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other UI Framework/Technology which supports all the borwsers evenly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Maverick

I am working on JSF and am responsible to design a website which supports all the browsers and OS combination’s.

I have a working website which is pretty ok with most of the browser-OS combination’s, but some issues related to alignment of buttons and other things keep on pop up for Browser modes and Documents Modes for Latest IE versions(8+). Some times i get problems with MAC+SAFARI too.

Is there any such framework or technology which will help to get similar look alike responses from all the browser OS combination’s?

TheDoc

I’m sure there are lots of frameworks that can help you, I personally like Bootstrap, though I’ve never used a grid system before so I can’t be sure how solid theirs is. http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

Solid code goes a long way, though. If you have the time, I would try to understand why these things are happening to you. If you are using the right markup, you shouldn’t be having too many problems with IE – at least nothing that a bit of JS can’t solve.

standuncan

I just started a new site utilizing Bootstrap yesterday, seems decent. I am going to try Zurb on the next site. I’ve also used Boilerplate, Initializr and a few others I can’t recall off the top of my head right now.

I don’t know if any of them would be 100% compatible with every OS/Browser though, because it is usually your markup/content in the frameworks that end up not being compliant… like @TheDoc said, try to understand what is causing the issues.

Maverick

@TheDoc : Sure Doc, i would like to have a discussion on the approach you have in my mind.

Maverick

@standuncan — I am using JSF, with commonj implementation, and have to support all the OS and browsers. I have already two different CSS, one for Firefox and one for IE. But when IE version changes I start getting problems. Working in your suggesrion..trying to get main cause of change.

standuncan

If needed, you can always have multiple queries for different IE versions…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.