Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Ugly Company Logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cechmaster

So I was asked by a company to redesign their website to look more professional. I have done many projects like this before, but this one is different because their logo is exceptionally ugly. Looks like they took a Microsoft Office clipart image and put their name on it.
    This frustrates me because I don’t know what to do with it. They want it displayed but that will ruin my site design and wont look so professional.
    Does anyone know how to deal with an ugly logo? any feedback would be great. Thanks

TheDoc

Try to suggest that now would be the perfect time to also redo their logo. Just be careful about how you approach it, clients can be very attached to their logo, regardless of how ugly it may be.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I think Doc is right on this. I always find it helps to be honest, but gentle… If you can think of reasons why it is so terrible that are legitimate say printing things or clarity issues then even better :D

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

Clipart sucks. :)

I think the most gentle way to approach the logo is to simply as, "If you don’t mind my asking, who designed your logo". The answer will drastically change the way you respond. If they say some intern made it 10 years ago, you will have a much easier attack plan than if the company’s CEO’s wife made it.

Luminated

Can we see it?! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.