Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other typography help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I have a theme I uploaded that was rejected on themeforest. that’s ok, I expected that at first. It’s not perfect. But the reviewer said this

1) Several elements throughout your template need spacing improvements (whitespace, padding, margins, etc).

2) Overall template typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest

I think it looks good. Can you please review and tell me what you think he was talking about

http://www.iwdstudios.com/vCard/

any help would be greatly appreciated

TheDoc

Re: Spacing

For example, on the "About" page:

The spacing between the top of the <ul> and the bottom of it is different (paragraph above it is tighter than the one below it. Also, there is no spacing after the last paragraph and the bottom border.

Social page:

"My Network" looks awkward beside the icon because they don’t line up properly. Also, for the icons in the grey box, you’ve got nice spacing on the left, right and bottom, but none on the top.

Other than that I don’t really think there are any problems.

cybershot
    Participant

what do you mean about the icon next to the My Network. Where would you put the icon to make it line up better?

TheDoc
    "cybershot" wrote:
    what do you mean about the icon next to the My Network. Where would you put the icon to make it line up better?

The same goes for the "Work" page, actually.

It looks like the text is too high up (viewing in Safari, mac). I see you’ve given each h3 its own class. So all you would have to do to make it lineup would be to give the h3 a line-height equal to the height.

So…

IF height: 23px; THEN line-height: 23px;

cybershot
    Participant

Ok, that was interesting. I didn’t know to do that. I see that the icons did move just a touch. I don’t really understand why though. I get what you mean on the padding and stuff for the about page. I am working on that now.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I think it’s pretty cool and useful.

My thoughts:

I think for so little text on the about page, I would get rid of the text-indent. It is just adding way to many vertical lines.

There is also a pretty large spot of empty black space below your navigation. It looks awkward IMHO

Last thought is on uniformity. Work and social are very similar, but compared to the other two, they all have a different amount of white space on the right hand side. (ie. the comments textarea is almost touching the edge, while the about page doesn’t come close.)

Honestly, I hate that kind of "pixel-work." Good luck with theme forest.

cybershot
    Participant

@Doc, Thanks for the feedback. I think it was very helpful.

@ashton,Unfortunatly, I just resubmitted to themeforest. So I think at this point I will just wait for them to get back with the comments. In the mean time, I will look into what you said about the space. what does "pixel-work" mean? And thanks for your feedback as well

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Sure man. Sorry I missed ur post earlier.

"cybershot" wrote:
    what does "pixel-work" mean?

It means when a client says:

"Can you move that box up by one pixel?" Can you move the "C" at the beginning of the sentence to the left 2 pixels…?"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.