Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Typography Category

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@chriscoyier @robskiwarrior Would it be possible to add a Typography category to the forum?

snillor

Excellent idea – I second it.

Paulie_D

It’s on the list of enhancements to the forum (or at least I added a request) but it may be a few months.

TheDoc

I feel like that could simply fall under ‘Other Discussions’?

Paulie_D

True but we could go for a reasonable range of categories, of which this might be one.

We’ll have to wait and see how Chris wants to go.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I could see “Design” being a good compromise, yeah?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Probably right after the bbPress transition in a month or two.

chrisburton
    Participant

I feel like that could simply fall under ‘Other Discussions’? – @TheDoc

That’s true and I usually mark my discussions as `Other` when it doesn’t have to do with development. Maybe it’s for my own selfish reasons since I tend to answer questions on this subject more often but there has also been a rise in discussions on this matter. It would be nice if I could just choose that category and focus on helping others with those questions.

I could see “Design” being a good compromise, yeah? – @chriscoyier

Why not both? I think a design category will mostly be about feedback where typography would result in questions regarding aliasing, type choices, syntax, etc. There has been a rapid increase in feedback discussions so it would be nice if all of us could select a category where we excel and not have to read cluttered discussions that don’t apply to us.

Alen
    Participant

I like the idea of adding Typography. I feel Design is too broad (logo design, icon design, etc.) could get messy. Where Typography is very narrow and related to web.

I agree with AlenAbdula up here, Design is most likely too broad.

I vote for “Design Dilemmas” and “Typography Terror”! :D

Mottie

LOL I like Daniel’s choices for categories :P

So, as you can tell, I think two categories would be better :)

chrisburton
    Participant

Thanks for the support everyone. Hopefully it’s implemented in the new version of the forum.

@chriscoyier
    Are you thinking about implementing additional things to the forum with bbPress?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.