Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Typo On Site (Css-Tricks)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    EpicDewd

Just saying in your top header it says

Quote:
    A WEB DESIGN COMMUNITY curated by Chris Coyier

curated lol.

Should be fixed :P

Kind of embarrassing having a typo for more then 3 days. But I don’t blame anyone :) . Typos are common in my websites :P

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I got the email about this (twice). It’s not a typo?

TheDoc

I assume he thinks it’s supposed to be "created".

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yea think people think its meant to be created… oh dear…

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    I often cringe at some of the spelling in these forums, but the thought that a native english speaker is not familiar with the word curated just boggles the mind! Is modern education really that bad?

Simply put – yes. lol Especially in England – other than Americans and their "American" English which is inflicted on the rest of the world, England’s residence are the worst speakers of English in the world lol

EamonnMac

Irish people are supposed to have very good english – we’re a popular destination for foreign students (who tend not to speak a word of it while they’re here!) – but it’s reckoned that’s because we have a more rounded accent than the English themselves. Our own language is more closely related to French and German as well, so the syntax and pronunciations we use probably help…

Wasn’t there an American guy at some stage who decided to re-spell the contents of the english dictionary according to American pronunciations? I seem to remember it from an episode of QI.

EDIT – while we’re about it, NO IRISH PERSON EVER SAYS ‘BEGORRAH’. Thank you.

TheDoc

I’m relatively happy with the level of English in Canada, though sometimes people still surprise me.

I remember in my first year of university we had to spend about three weeks on grammar. Grammar for crying out loud. It was so painful to watch all of these people struggle through a topic that was supposed to be learned in Elementary.

EamonnMac

You’re in the Netherlands, your dad was Irish, you went to school in England and you learned Spainish in Guatemala. Are you sponsored by an airline?!? :D ;)

EamonnMac

LOL :lol: :D

Very good… I’ll remember that one!

Matt
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    I often cringe at some of the spelling in these forums, but the thought that a native english speaker is not familiar with the word curated just boggles the mind! Is modern education really that bad?

Welcome to the U.S. education system. You will be served as soon as the funding gets to you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.