Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Twitter Account

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

This is not suited for this forum but I was wondering if anyone else had succeeded in obtaining an inactive Twitter account?

I’ve contacted numerous people. Including a few Twitter employees where one said they would snag it for me but never did in the end and the other had no idea how to go about it.

The particular handle I’ve been trying to obtain has been inactive for 4 years now and I’ve had no luck trying to contact the person.

Any ideas?

TheDoc

I’ve successfully done one, but I had to prove that there was some sort of copyright infringement.

chrisburton
    Participant

Was it for a company or an individual?

TheDoc

Company, which probably doesn’t help you!

chrisburton
    Participant

Haha. I tried going that route but I was “denied”. Only because I never replied with my ID and some other documents.

chrisburton
    Participant

Seems that Twitter doesn’t follow their own [Terms](https://support.twitter.com/articles/15362-inactive-account-policy “”) of inactivity as I was just denied for requesting a username. Now I’ve asked if I should claim copyright infringement as I own a domain that resembles the username.

John
    Participant

He may be just logging in maybe once a month, or every third month, just to keep it active.

chrisburton
    Participant

Can you do that with a phone that was used via text message for Twitter? I believe this was my old account when I first signed up but they won’t work with me to determine this for “security reasons”.

My only other option is to try to claim impersonation as I have a domain that closely resembles the username. Actually I have two to better help my chances.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

@ChrisCoyier succeded to do this for CodePen when it started.

chrisburton
    Participant

@HugoGiraudel Yeah but someone randomly snagged the account and gave it to him.

chrisburton
    Participant

Twitter has just emailed me to transfer the account I was trying to obtain for a few years now.

Paulie_D

Congrats

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.