Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Trying to Navigate this site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tallcircuit
    Participant

Hi everyone. Nice nice. Great work. I’m in awe.

But I have a problem navigating it. Someone told me about this site being good for new guys but I would like to know if there is a set structure so I can follow a procedure in learning everything about css/wp.

Is there a a site map here?

Thanks,
    TC

tallcircuit
    Participant

looking for beginner wordpress/css customization. basically starter topics in css and wp. I can use the search function but it shows up forum posts as well.

Alen
    Participant

@tallcircuit welcome

WordPress is a big topic. Can you give us more information about what specifically you are after?

If you are very new to WordPress and PHP in general see following resources:

Prerequisite: HTML/CSS 1 / 2, some PHP 1 / 2

WordPress Codes: Theme Development, WordPress Template Hierarchy.

Some start-up tools:
    HTML5Rest WordPress
    Bones
    Skeleton

If you find your self doing “too much” there is probably a easier way by the way of WordPress Actions and Filters.

If you have more specific question let us know. I find my self always referring to the documentation… just can’t memorize so many things, takes time. So don’t rush, if you’re just starting, incrementally improve by adding things and keep it simple.

Hope that helps,
    -Alen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.