Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Trying to create automatic slideshow.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

Here is the codepen:

http://codepen.io/Joe_Temp/pen/xjzkr

This slideshow utilizes GSAP because I’ll need it for a feature that I want. Anyway… can’t figure out why this slideshow won’t play all the way to the end of photos.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I realize I’ve overlooked something trivial.

nixnerd
    Participant

Dude… this is the damndest thing. I’m not seeing ANY photos on mine or yours.

This happened once to me locally. It’s almost like something is failing to load.

@JacobPeters
    … do you have any idea what’s going on here?

Update: Only first photo loads… then fades to white.

Paulie_D

Try it without linked images…it may be the fact the images are hot-linked…also that they are huge.

nixnerd
    Participant

Try it without linked images…it may be the fact the images are hot-linked…also that they are huge.

Didn’t even think of that Paulie. Thanks.

I suspect that is the issue, because it was fixed once I tried to do it locally (fixed both locally and on the codepen).

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

JacobPeters
    Participant

Yeah, that host 503’s when it’s images are linked from another domain. You might be able to get around that with an XHR, but I don’t think that’s the purpose of this post. I just threw in some different images to bypass the problem.

http://codepen.io/jacobcpeters/pen/iaEme

If you have any questions about the code, just ask.

Edit XHR doesn’t work cross domain. I don’t know what I was thinking.

nixnerd
    Participant

@JacobPeters… you’re awesome… to say the least. Thanks so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.