Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Trying to change the style of my menu's current selected item, but not working?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    iizag
    Participant

I am referring to the menu next to my logo that says , “Join , Forums, and Groups” http://bitfiu.com/ . When you click on Forums, for example, I want to know how I can keep the selected Menu item “Forums” with a border under it. How would I change the style of the header menu for a current selected item?

I have tried

header .tile-title .selected

and even tried using active , and #current but nothing has taken effect

Paulie_D

How are you applying the .selectedclass?

If you’re not actually applying a class manually then you need a JS solution unless you have a site with a limited number of pages.

One that looks at the current page URL, checks it against each link in your menu and if they match apply a class of ‘current’ (or whatever).

Paulie_D

Then again, if this is WordPress…there is a ‘current page’ class setting I think.

If so, you might want to ask this question in that area.

iizag
    Participant

Maybe slected is not what I mean, I tried this with no luck either:

‘header .tile-forums:active’

Paulie_D

:active isn’t a ‘click’ thing.

It’s a mousedown thing.

In other words it only applies to the current element when the mouse is clicked down and is removed when the mouse button is unclicked. It doesn’t apply a special class it’s an entirely transitory pseudoclass.

For permanence you need either a proper selector or have a class applied by Js.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.