Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Troublesome Client

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sebgonz

I have a client that wants as much control over his site as possible. He’s one that I’ve inherited from another business that went under, and he’s using some rickshawed, pieced together CMS that was created by the previous programmer. Now my problem is, everytime he wants to edit his site, or change something with his layout, he breaks the previous layout. How can I go about creating a template that he can use without ruining his layout every time he wants to edit something?

His CMS is basically comprised of PHP includes that bring together each page. There’s a template that is used for header and footer, and then "modules" (which aren’t really modules) to make up the content. For example, here’s the main page module.

Code:
    Take The Quiz

1,357 Ways to Make a More Money than in MLM

*MLM includes multi-level or network marketing, pyramid or direct (chain) selling, 2-ups, etc.

Unmask the Truth about MLM

Serialized e-book

Consulting and Expert Witness Services
                                       Learn More

Welcome to MLM – the Truth

Jon M. Taylor, Consultant & Expert Witness

Consumer Awareness Institute

Research Portfolio

New Reports & Developments

Every time he edits something, he can edit the layout of the page also. Anyone have a way to make it so that he can touch his content without touching his design? Oh yeah, I might add that we can’t use wordpress yet, seeing as how he’s not willing to switch.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

sebgonz

Yes, I know that it looks horrific. I’m working on cleaning that up. Like I said, I inherited this client from someone else. Anyone have any suggestions to the question at hand?

sebgonz

Thanks to both Eric and JoshWhiteDesign. Those answers have literally saved me tons of time with this client. I just spoke with him, explained the pros and cons of what he’s got compared to WordPress and others, and he’s agreed to switch. And with resources such as wordpress.tv, making the switch will be a lot easier.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.