Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Troubles with background opacity and color

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    selma

Hello, i hope somebody can help me..
    I am kind of puzzled with the background tags in my tumblr blog. I want to change the color of the page-wrapper into white with 50% opacity and an overall background image on the whole page behind the page-wrapper. But can’t get it to work because I can’t change the color of the div backgrounds anywhere. Only in Tumblr theme settings itself, (when logged into tumblr) and then the colorcodes get changed into a part of a css style code that isn’t include in my css external file nor in my blogcode.
    I tried every background color code into the stylesheet but changes to those have no effect.

How can I tweak this so that I have control over the background colors and background images of my blog??

You can check the blog here (password: background1)

(PS i now have weird colours on the blog so I could see where the colourcodes are changing, but my idea was to have the wrapper in the middle to be white 50% (or the posts itself) and the right floating menu to be transparent.)

selma

Please help…

TheDoc

You’ll need to use the ‘Custom CSS’ box to insert your own styles.

selma

Hello, I tried to put some codes in there too but it seems to be ignored. I tried to color the background of body, bg-wrapper and page-wrapper. But nothing changes if I put these codes into the custom Css box.
    This is difficult..

TheDoc

Check your theme’s code to make sure the following is located in it:

{CustomCSS}

If it isn’t, then any changes you put in there will not display.

selma

Hello, I checked, and the code is in it right before < /head >:
    < style type="text/css" id="customCSS" >
    {CustomCSS}
    < /style >
    Do you have an idea how I should change the backgrounds? And if it’s even possible…??

TheDoc

In your Custom CSS box you should be able to just do this:

#page-wrapper {
    background: #fff;
    background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
    }
    selma

Hello, Ok i put the code in the custom CSS box, but it changed weird.
    If you can take a look at the site, and scroll down the news page to the first post. That is what i meant with transparent background. But not the whole background is changing (when scrolled up the rest is plain white), also backgrounds of a quote and tweetmessage are black now.. ?

TheDoc

Also add:

#bg-wrapper {
    background: none;
    }

I have no idea why the blockquotes have changed.

selma

Hello, yay thank you! Ok the background is now fine and I figured out to place it in the right spot.
    But it seems some code is now not working because the backgrounds of blockquotes are now black and the links under the posts (with time, share button and labels) are not changing colour when hovered. It used to be gray and when hover it turns to black.
    I haven’t touched the colorcodes of blockquotes or links, so it has to do something with page-wrapper or bg-wrapper conflicting something else..

If somebody has an idea how this can be please share..

selma

hello, i just test my website with all kind of posts, and since I have posted a test post with an embedden souncloud file, the post section is kind of messed up. Could somebody please check if there is something wrong with the template?

And suddenly the topbar with an “up” button is appearing, it never appeared since i installed this template. It’s not working properly though…
    I paid for this template, but no official support unfortunately :((

TheDoc

The theme is using javascript to try and figure out what color your #page-wrapper is using. Unfortunately the script fails when you try to use a color that contains an opacity. Unfortunately these changes might go beyond the simple time that the forum members volunteer for!

In the future, if you want to purchase a theme from a company that provides amazing support, please go to http://pixelunion.net/ FULL DISCLOSURE: I work for said company.

selma

Hi TheDoc, thank you. I will go find a javascript talent for fixing the site. But I don’t know where to search, can’t find a marketplace to find such people lol. I will try it on this forum.
    And thanks for the link, i will consider that one in the future!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.