Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Treehouse Learning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    aoeui
    Participant

I do not like TreeHouse as well

tutsplus.com is winner for me

chrisburton
    Participant

After using it myself, I think the videos are a bit dragged out. It seems suited for kids more than adults with the whole Frog thing and the “jokes”.

gunslinger

I don’t understand the team treehouse site, I couldn’t find the main library. Is that all they have for videos? I think I must be missing something.

hashassin

haha, no dude, thats all they got! ribbit ribbit. Sucker site!

Webnet

Beware: TeamTreeHouse does not like to give refunds even if there has been no usage on the account. Pay with a credit card and NOT Paypal so you can easily deny the charge. I’m in the middle of a Paypal dispute…

Paulie_D

Seriously!?

I don’t use them myself but were you misled in someway?

I find it difficult to believe that anyone could win a real dispute with the argument that “I signed up but didn’t use it so I want my money back!”

Caveat Emptor…baby!

chrisburton
    Participant

Can’t you download the videos if you have a subscription? How can you prove you didn’t?

bananacherrylime
    Participant

I go on treehouse a lot. It is a very good way to web development, or iOS development. Unlike many other sites the videos are not so dry and boring.

Jimmycodez

I use Treehouse all the time really helps with the little things! i found this on twitter and worked for me hope it does the same for you.

dfogge
    Participant

treehouse is the bomb, that said, if you feel ready for more advanced topics check out codeschool.

bananacherrylime
    Participant

Treehouse is good for web, and iOS, but not so much Android.

webdevexp

I currently have a gold sub and already spent about 20 hours on different courses to try and have a total view of what they have to offer. Unfortunately the courses and the material cover only beginner levels and no way near a level where you can work with the topics involved. The level is under the level that codeacademy offers. That being said I would say teamtreehouse is a waste of money for the time being (May 2013). I like the implementation and the topics they pick but the material itself is a joke – sorry!
    conclusion: don’t pay these guys until they have some real stuff to teach and share. You can find way better material for free

Hope this helps the next ones like me and save them some bucks.

davidlab.be
    Participant

They have been in around for awhile now so I don’t think the material will get much better.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.