Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Treehouse Learning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

Just wondering if anyone out there has used Treehouse learning and could rate what their experience was like. I was thinking of joining up as I am interested in the responsive design tutorials but would consider subscribing for longer if it was thought to be worth it.

TheDoc

I unfortunately haven’t, though I’ve been meaning to simply to check it out.

tobeeornot

@TheDoc – do you still use tutorials to sharpen your skills?

If anyone has read any reviews that would be great too.

TheDoc

Not lately. Most of my projects lately involve WordPress and I’m pretty comfortable there. I definitely use a lot of resources, but not really tutorials anymore.

standuncan

I am familiar with Lynda tuts and I love them. I was wondering how the Treehouse tuts compare to Lynda, but I don’t want to subscribe before knowing lol.

tobeeornot

@standuncan – I have used Lynda too and think they are excellent. I learned quite a lot from those (and here!) but thought it might be worth checking Treehouse out.

fectio1

I actually wrote treehouse the other day and they sent me a screen shot of some of the full tutorials. It looks very promising for newer folks in the field or people wanting to brush up. They don’t have a huge selection like Lynda does, but I am sure they will get there. I like that their tutorials are specific to web design and they appear to be using the current practices which is a plus.

tobeeornot

@Fectio1 – Do you think they have more to add than Lynda?

fectio1

I think they are worth a month subscription to see what is behind the doors. I plan on checking it out when I get the chance. Hopefully over the holidays.

tobeeornot

That’s what I was thinking, too. I think it is good idea to mix it up regarding where to learn.

dini297

I think they were earlier part of Carsonified…
    I had signed up for one month..but not worth it…not anything near to LYNDA or Web design tuts..

chrisburton
    Participant

They still are a part of Carsonified. They changed their name from Think Vitamin Membership to Treehouse.

I’ve also heard a lot about http://codecademy.com

tobeeornot

@dini – that is slightly disappointing to hear. did you check out the responsive design section?

@ChristopherBurton – what have you heard about http://codecademy.com? Looks like a good idea to me…and it’s free.

chrisburton
    Participant

I came across it through a former Carsonified designer who now works for them. I just learned about their partnership with The White House while I was typing this. http://blog.codecademy.com/announcing-meetups-and-our-partnership-with-t

It has had a lot of response, especially from the design community.

dini297

:)…. thier tutorials are in parts..i mean just sections and sections..i think they are more profit oriented..so you have to wait for months to learn and also pay for it… Not like other competitors..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.