Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Transparent Div Layers & Links – i’m new to this!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sophies

Hi Everyone,

My problem arises when I try to have two div layers on top of each other using z-index. The top is a frame (literally a picture frame), and below is the content of a coda-slider. The frame is a png image with a transparent center.

It looks great and the coda-slide is working (slides back and forth within the frame), but I need the links within the slider content to work.

This is a visualization of my problem (found it on another forum). Is there a solution to this?

http://www.slightlyorange.com/2.0/test.html

Thank you for your help!!!

sophies

Here is the link to my problem: http://www.redmarkerfilms.com/coda-slider.1.1.1/

chazzwick

can you just put the background image on the .slider-wrap div and just get rid of the #frame div.

sophies

My problem is that what I’m trying to achieve is getting the slider behind the frame using Z-index. There is a subtle drop shadow on the inside of the frame and I was hoping that by layering it as a .png on top of the content I could get this effect… therefore the frame must be on top of the div, not set as the background.

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "sophies" wrote:
    My problem is that what I’m trying to achieve is getting the slider behind the frame using Z-index. There is a subtle drop shadow on the inside of the frame and I was hoping that by layering it as a .png on top of the content I could get this effect… therefore the frame must be on top of the div, not set as the background.

yea there was another issue like this on the forums. You cant click through objects just because you can see through them, its best to think of the block as opaque. Remeber the CSS and HTML dosnt know that you want to click through it, it dosnt see the transparent PNG, it just sees a block… it might be better trying to come at it from a different way :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.