Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Transition on hover state & ‘static’ state – a:visited issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    osirisweb
    Participant

Hi,
    I have an issue with the a:visited aspect – as if a page has already been visited (the link has been clicked on), the transition when you move your mouse off the link – transition out of (“fade out”) for the text-shadow (as you will see) quickly goes back to the “original state”, without the transition aspect (“fade out”)…

My CSS:

`#header a:link.osirisnav {
    font: 20pt MuseoLite, “Myriad Pro”, “Trebuchet MS”, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif;
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-shadow: 0px 2px 3px #000;
    transition: text-shadow 0px 2px 3px #000 2s;
    transition-duration: 2s;
    }

header a:visited.osirisnav {

font: 20pt MuseoLite, “Myriad Pro”, “Trebuchet MS”, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    transition: text-shadow 0px 2px 3px #000 2s;
    transition-duration: 2s;
    }

header a:hover.osirisnav {

color: #C2C2C2;
    text-shadow:; 0px 5px 6px #000;
    }`

I’ve tried removing the transition properties from the :visited aspect, but it doesn’t make any difference. Can anyone see were I am going wrong in regards to the links that have already been visited, the transition when you move your mouse off the link, why it doesn’t fade-out transition back to the original link state, as currently it just quickly “jumps” back to the original link state – yet when you move your mouse over a visited link, it transitions into the hover state…

It seems to be only an issue with Internet Explorer, as when tested on other browsers I don’t experience the issue…so can anyone help to rectify the issue in regards to IE?

Any help would be great, thank you in advance…

OW

Paulie_D

Could you make a Codepen please?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.