Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Transition and Animation issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DesmondW
    Participant

I’m working on a codepen at http://codepen.io/DesmondW/pen/oqbAd and I’ve run into two problems that really stump me:

1. CSS animations don’t seem to take place while I’m in another browser tab although JS does, so when I go back to the tab the transition: all ease 1s; takes place very fast over the course of a second.
    2. Most CSS animations within the .ray class only affect the last element with that class. You can see that in this case transform: scaleY(1.2); is only affecting one of the sun rays.

I tried googling both the issues but couldn’t dig anything up. Any ideas?

DesmondW
    Participant

bump

DesmondW
    Participant

I’ve resolved the second issue but I’m still struggling with the CSS not functioning while the browser tab is inactive.

Is there a way to enable CSS while the tab is inactive or should I hack around it?

Alen
    Participant

Is there a way to enable CSS while the tab is inactive or should I hack around it?

Could this be a CodePen issue? Have you tried local example?

DesmondW
    Participant

I don’t think so – if you view the debug mode it’s just the code that’s in the demo and it has the same issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.