Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Tough Clients (rabble, rabble, rabble)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sliver37

Hey guys,

How often have you had a client completely destroy your designs? To the point you no longer include them in your portfolio (or just keep the original mock-up without a link to their live site).

The client doesn’t understand the concept of white space, “hey that spot is too bland, shove 4 pictures in there”. Legibility? pfft make all the “font orange with a wavy background!”. And such, obviously I respectfully insisted otherwise on many of those decisions.

Still, what do you guys do in these situations, when they want changes you know are very poor design-wise yet are willing to keep paying for it?

Cheers,

John

TheDoc

It happens, fortunately not that often, though. If you approach it correctly, 9 times out of 10 (if not more) you can get them to see that what they’re requesting won’t actually benefit the website.

sliver37

@JoshWhite “”I’ll obviously defer to your final decision, but I strongly recommend another course of action”.

I like that closing statement :)

@TheDoc
    Yeah I completely agree, 9 times out of 10, if you have explained it professionally (like JoshWhite’s example conversation), you will have shown clear reasons why any particular solution needs to reflect the target audience goals instead of the clients. Unfortunately this particular client seems to brush off (or completely forget) these details and keeps pushing.

@Kgscott284
    I haven’t (yet) run into someone else destroying my markup, though I’m sure that day will come.

This client is just an echo from the past that keeps getting louder..

Thanks for the responses!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.