Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Total Newbie/Background Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ladybird

This is going to sound like the most simple question ever but I am a total newbie.My website is http://www.ladybirdsandlollipops.com/index.php?cID=1 and I want to know how to change the white background.I have made a image but have no idea how to do it.When I go to customize the theme it only gives a few simple options.
    Please excuse my ignorance with all this and be gentle with me.I would appreciate any answers given to be in simple language lol
    Thanks for taking the time to read this
    Julie

cybershot
    Participant

I hope you didn’t pay for that theme. Are you trying to change the background to the entire site? If so, I would not recommend you do that. Adding an image as the entire background could make the text very very hard to read.

in any case, you can’t change the background through the admin area, you would have to edit the code to do that. You could add background images using css like this

body {
    background-image: url(my_image.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

but again, I would not recommend you do that.
    I also recommend that you do not center every bit of text on your site. Your text should be left aligned. we read left to right, so the text should be aligned Left. This is just a suggestion to make the site look better

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.