Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Too many pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    aoeui
    Participant

hi,

I know that 90% of this forum is like “hey guys I need something”
    not just me, lots of folks, right why not

but just out of the ordinary sort of poll question
    how many pages do you have open while working on web?

for me it is a lot http://min.us/m0HIO8RwP :))

chrisburton
    Participant

Wow, that’s a little crazy

1. Gmail
    2. Twitter
    3. Gimme Bar
    4. CSS-Tricks
    5. WordPress admin
    6. My site (in development)
    7. Github

…a few resource pages

zackw

3 screens, browser on left screen, notepad++ on middle and photoshop template on right, with regards to my browser i only have the webpage open that i’m developing on, i don’t see the need for anything else

standuncan

My biggest downfall by far… I constantly have Chrome and FF open, with minimum of 2 windows each and between 20-60 tabs per window. Not jk.

I usually have them saved as bookmarks anyhow, but I like to be able to go back to them quickly. A lot of times the tabs get so small I can’t even see the favicons :/

zackw

@krysak4ever
    its worth it when your doing lots of psd to html work, that’s mostly what I do, and since i do it everyday for 8 hours a day i don’t feel the need to keep other tabs open in my browser for research or references, but to each his own, theres no 1 right way of doing things

TheDoc

If I’m doing some research, I think the max I’ll hit is 10. I can’t stand having too many tabs open. Right now I have 6 open. I never keep things open, though. I have this little thing on the right side of the browser to keep track of any updates for me: http://grab.by/b6b1

TheDoc

Both. PC at the office, Mac at home. Though, if I got to choose the computer at the office I’d pick a Mac. We unfortunately just run too many .NET things that we’re a Windows based company.

TheDoc

I use a browser called Rockmelt. It’s main function is its integration with Facebook, but I don’t use any of that stuff (in fact, I hide the Facebook panel). But for keeping track of all of my RSS feeds it’s great.

chrisburton
    Participant

I started using Rockmelt when you tweeted about it as it first came out but the social networking was too distracting for me.

TheDoc

Yea, that’s why I have that sidebar turned off and I also have Facebook chat turned to ‘offline’. I wish instead of tying it to Facebook I could just have a Rockmelt account. Hopefully that’s a feature they add in the future.

chrisburton
    Participant

Ooh sounds like a good idea, you should send them feedback.

@TheDoc What are the benefits of using Rockmelt over installing the appropriate plugins on Chrome? For instance I have plugins that alert me when I have new mail, a new article in my RSS feed, new tweet, new Forrst notification, etc.

TheDoc

@joshuanhibbert To be honest, nothing short of laziness. I just like how everything is so integrated. I don’t really have to think about anything. If you have some suggestions for me, by all means I’d give ’em a go in Chrome!

(For anyone wondering, Rockmelt is involved in the Chromium Project)

Ah ok. As I don’t use Facebook I would have no need for the social integration. Do chrome plugins work on Rockmelt?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.