Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other tired of Instructor's teaching the wrong things

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    blayderunner123
    Participant

tired of Instructor’s teaching the wrong things. I mean I am not saying I am a master coder in CSS. However, I do know when W3C has deprecated a HTML attribute. For example, using
    < img src='image/source/location' align='center'>

Instead of CSS styling like:

< style type='text/css'>
    img {
    margin: 0 auto;
    clear:right;
    width: 75%;
    height: auto;
    display: table-caption;
    }
    </style>

this infuriates me to no end. If HTML5 is the standard – <b>TEACH THE STANDARD</b>

any thoughts on this?

blayderunner123
    Participant

What is the new standard for referencing code snippets these days? I looked at your URL which made mention of the bold tag and how it differs from strong, em, and mark; however no reference to ‘<‘ or ‘>’. The bold tag I usually refrain from. I usually apply a class to a span tag and style it accordingly. However in markdown I have found most time is you xan reference theses tags and not styling. Thank you so much for the corrections tbough, and very good point.

I would love to read more about how to implement this properly.

Thank yout inot advance.

Blayderunner123

blayderunner123
    Participant

Bold test. Thank you again ‘Shaneisme’

blayderunner123
    Participant

OK so asterisk applies emphasis around but still does not bold the text. I think strong might do the trick. However according Mozilla and to redirect irony back at your this goes against all we have discussed so far. Sad but true and Shane you gotta laugh at that one.

blayderunner123
    Participant

emphasis text Bold text and Bold emphasis OK I think I got it thanks again Shane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.