Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Thoughts Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EamonnMac

A site for my dad – unfortunately the plugins don’t validate properly (and I’ve got some CSS 3 stuff there as well – but I’m just looking for some thoughts design-wise: Clear? Legible? Easy to nav? Colours? etc.

All suggestions (design-wise or other) are heartily welcome.

http://www.ashbrookstud.ie

BTW it should look ok in the up-to-date versions of IE, FF, Safari, Opera, and Chrome.

EamonnMac

Somebody, somewhere, has to be watching you by now. You’re on the list of suspects. Seriously – your entire house must be built out of empty cologne bottles and toblerone from duty free. Is your hallway one of those conveyor belt pathways to move people along? Admit it – all your delph has BA or Air France on it. :lol: :P :D

All good stuff though –

I actually only stuck the social icons in there as they kind of balance out the nav buttons on the right. I really don’t think anyone uses them. They also bring a nice bit of colour to the top area – but I’ll have a think about what other way I could achieve the same without them.

An active state on the main nav is a bad oversight – I’ll get onto that for sure.

The tiny font size is a problem, no matter what your age (I hope Robski doesn’t see this :D ). I think the tooltip idea is a winner, I’ll have a look at that later on. I’m on hols (no flights involved!!) next week, so maybe i’ll style something up then.

Thanks a mil Ap!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I think I agree on the social media icons lol sorry… also I think I would bring the buttons down and turn them into kinda tabs at the top of the box, then they don’t feel like part of the header and that they would float away.

My only other real grip is the blue on the header makes me feel odd when I look at it! LOL I dunno what that says about me though…

EamonnMac
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    …the blue on the header makes me feel odd when I look at it!

There is nothing I can say. Nothing. 8-) :lol:

Quote:
    I think I agree on the social media icons

Yeah, I reckon I’ll have to have a look at the whole header section…Project for the hols!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

hahah – I actually ment blur oh dear…

EamonnMac

Ahhhhhhhh….

It ART man – you just wouldn’t understand. :lol:

EamonnMac

Heh heh! I like the ‘under the sidebar’ idea, I might go with that – Ta!

This is great! I thought the icons would be the last thing I’d be critisised on! :D

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "EamonnMac" wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhh….

It ART man – you just wouldn’t understand. :lol:

LOL :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.