Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Thoughts on Dribbble

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sellenrick

I’ve been poking around on dribbble for a while and would really like the opportunity to showcase some of the designs I’ve been working on. Every “contest” I find offering an invite to the winner involves providing a link to my portfolio. Unfortunately I don’t have my portfolio online right now. Has anyone seen any other ways of getting an invite? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

TheDoc

You can throw up something for free on cargo collective.

chrisburton
    Participant

@sellenrick

I received mine from @chriscoyier. By the way, those contests only help those who are running them. It’s always something like “follow me on twitter, like my facebook page, be my bitch, etc”. It’s completely pointless. I also notice that the whole “prospects” thing doesn’t really work out the way it was supposed to. It’s annoying to search through that many people and view their portfolio’s. I find that majority of the players invite their friends or people they think are talented. Not to mention that invites are random. I’ve been drafting people I find on Instagram.

Perhaps be more involved in the community? I saw your page and noticed that you have very little activity. Start liking shots, comment or give feedback (if you can).

Occasionally, players will use a hashtag on twitter to let others know when they have an invite. Search the following: #dribbbleinvite #dribbble

I think @TheDoc is right, though. Somehow showcase your work – it doesn’t even have to be client work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.