Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other thoughts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ryanckr

Eventually there will be some "Launch" buttons under the description text of each piece.
    There will also be two more "tags" under the logo tag. One will have a view resume button and the other will have a contact button.

The jQuery is still kind of flaky in IE and there is still a bunch of grammar errors… still working on that.

any thoughts other then that?
    http://www.ryancoker.com/09build

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I love the background texture, but I think the brown dosnt do it justice :) I kinda like the skinnyness, although im sorry to say im not too keen on your logo, maybe I just think it dosnt fit the site too well? Maybe it would look better in a more kinda abstracty whitespacey typography site? Just my thoughts.

Info in the header, I kinda agree that you need to more have a "this is what you want" few lines – and maybe have the about in a sliding jquery tab thats fixed and pops out along the right hand side? I dunno lol

I think you should use something other than +’s too, tbh I didnt get the whole sliding images thing until cyber pointed out that they make the images move… :)

ryanckr

well in fact I have done research on colors and brown is simplistic and dependable. I am however thinking that I need to add something more to the palette to contrast the brown. something a little more on the "creative" side.
    To much brown can be a little boring and indifferent.

Currently the two sections I have most experience with you can see without scrolling. but you do have to scoll down a little bit to actually get to "web"… I like the idea of having the info off to the side. (maybe a little info tag, when you click it will extend to show the info text.

There is no need for a navigation on a single page website… but I will be adding a couple call to action buttons at one point. ("resume" and "contact")

I do agree that I may need a better call to action then the plus signs…

Designing for yourself is probably the hardest gig. thanks for the input.

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "ryanckr" wrote:
    Designing for yourself is probably the hardest gig. thanks for the input.

you are your worst critic :D I know I am… lol

chazzwick

Make the +’s an ordered list. Numbers would help users figure out its a slider.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.