Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other This is my fast and dirty, no time wasted way to stop supporting IE8 and below

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andrewthread
    Participant

I made a short video on how I alert visitors to websites that the site doesn’t support IE8 or below. I never want to waste much time on doing this so this is my lazy way to throw a bone to those still using IE8. Unless the client asks for specific browser support I code for the latest 2-3 browser releases. Hopefully with the dropping of Xp support IE8 will die completely.

Stop supporting Internet Explorer 8

chrisburton
    Participant

I don’t think that’s the proper way to go about it. The client may not be aware of what browsers they need to support. That is your job to find out not for the client to tell you.

One way to easily find out what IE versions you need to support is by simply checking their analytics.

andrewthread
    Participant

I get you. I’ve been doing a lot of new sites lately, so I don’t really have a trail of data to consider before launching a site. It’s something to consider, but I add that expense on of developing for older versions. Most people don’t seem to want to spend the extra cash.

chrisburton
    Participant

At the same time I do believe in moving the web forward. Just to throw that out there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.