Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Thinking about redoing my logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

I would agree if the symbol was excluded from the typography. The problem that I have with the concepts is none of them compliment Neutra. The personality of the serif’s seem too strict and serious instead of laid back and friendly. I would try a more illustrative serif with ligatures applied or a slab serif. I liked the previous versions (here) and how you matched the weight of the symbol to the text. Not sure what brought you back to adding more weight in the end.

Before I forget, there seems to be too much tracking going on in all the text. Especially the 4th version (bottom-right). I have to say this has come along way from your initial version. I spent weeks on my logo until I deleted all my concepts and came up with an entirely new idea within a few hours (my logo using the same typeface).

Jeager

When I am stuck doing anything I grab a piece of paper and draw it out. Sometimes I end up using the drawing, vector it, and done. So perhaps try your hand at a hand done ‘design +/& marketing’… Might turn out nice. It is the same idea of contrast I mentioned earlier, but instead of using a serif, you are going humanistic.

Jeager

When I am stuck doing anything I grab a piece of paper and draw it out. Sometimes I end up using the drawing, vector it, and done. So perhaps try your hand at a hand done ‘design +/& marketing’… Might turn out nice. It is the same idea of contrast I mentioned earlier, but instead of using a serif, you are going humanistic.

Edit: Also about the tracking/ kerning – I find myself doing it a lot also, so I did not even think of mentioning it, but does look better condensed a bit.

chrisburton
    Participant

Maybe you should. It certainly helped my logo evolve.

A serif like that can but it has to compliment your main typeface, which it doesn’t. I think that slab serif is a bit too heavy in weight too compared to your main text. Are you totally against not having the symbol or are you open to options? If you go a bit heavier with Neutraface, I’d like to see if Brioche would compliment it. I really love the cupping of the serifs on this typeface.

chrisburton
    Participant

Have you tried searching for fonts on myfonts.com? You might find a few worth purchasing.

I would go slightly heavier in weight. I don’t think either serifs would work though.

Jeager

I like where its going. Futura is my favorite geometric font. I think the bottom one however is a bit to floral, but the top one is pretty good combination because of the french style serifs.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.