Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Thesis 2 Changing post layout to grid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RuFFCuT

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me I am trying to achieve a layout similare to the copy blogger blog: http://www.copyblogger.com/blog/

So two of the posts are full width and the rest are in a grid format.

I’ve managed to create a grid layout (by reducing the width of the content box and floating left) but not sure how to add the two full width posts at the top. I’ve tried adding a query box but that adds it to every page not just the homepage. Also I have tried conditional tags to show the query box only on the homepage but cannot get it to work.

Is there a better way then using a query box? Since I have to tag the two posts I want full with as featured.

Thanks for any help

Paulie_D

It looks like the two 50% posts have additional classes of `.post-intro-right` or `.post-intro-left` which sets specific styles.

I would assume that there are a couple of loops (and I don’t know PHP), the first spits out the top two items and then the second spits out the remainder & / or applies alternate classes.

Or something.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.