Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End The loop in static pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Elektric

Hello everyone,
    Say I make a new page template, and within WordPress I add a new page, put in some content (We make the best Widgets money can buy…), and attach the template I just made to this page. How does WordPress inject the content I wrote(We make the best Widgets money can buy…) into my custom template? Or in other words what tag should I use in my custom page template to retrieve the content I fill out in the WordPress page gui (or whatever it is called)?

I read about ‘get template part’, and about ‘the content’ on the WordPress site. Because in a template (the wp skeleton one) I was studying I saw these tags used like so

'get_template_part( 'loop', 'page' );' 

But I didn’t find the answer to my question. Or I don’t quite understand the explanation given in the WordPress reference db (or glossary or whatever it is called) .

Is the loop also behind this? Because I thought that when I put in the loop it would show my posts. Of course that is not what I want. I want the page content. Hope my question is clear enough for you. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.