Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other The Lodge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Paulie_D

I contributed to the Kickstarter effort (not much but what I could afford) but my log in details for CSS Tricks and Kickstarter don’t seem to work.

I presume it’s an issue on my side but what?

Same thing for me. But from what Chris wrote in his last bulk-email, I think we’re supposed to get another one with login-details etc!

Paulie_D

Aha…that would explain it.

I jumped the gun…not unusual for me.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

We can’t access the Lodge yet. I guess we will receive the credentials via email in a day or so. :)

schadeck

I also contributed through kickstarter, and for some reason when I signed up, I does not give me access. I was wondering if anyone else is running into this.

The Admiral

I’ve had a similar confusion. I can log in to The Lodge (and I can see that it worked because the WP toolbar is visible at the top ) , but I don’t see any new content on The Lodge page. I continue to see the same description of The Lodge as before I logged in. I’m just spitballin’ here, but perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I’ve used the same email for both my CSS-Tricks forum login and for the Kickstarter project? I’m not sure, but I’d love to see what’s inside The Lodge.

Senff
    Participant

The email address I used for Kickstarter is the same as the one I use for this forum, so that can’t be a problem. It’s all working good for me.

Do you see any content on this page at all? https://css-tricks.com/lodge/v10/

The Admiral

I only see a “members only” message. I’m pretty sure I followed the directions properly. It would seem that if I can log into the WordPress part of the site at all (as I currently can using the procedure detailed in the Kickstarter email we got yesterday), I should be good to go, right. What am I missing? :(

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Definitely shoot me a note if anything at all is weird with your Lodge subscription. https://css-tricks.com/contact/

Zoom
    Participant

Anybody actually used “The Lodge” yet? What do you think of it? How does it compare to say Treehouse, Lynda or Code School as educational resource? I was about to get another membership to one of those websites to refresh my skills and I wonder if spending my money (and most importantly time) on “The Lodge” first would be a better way to go about it.

Maybe Chris could post a couple of the videos for free in the video section so we can get an idea of what to expect?

Paulie_D

At the moment, the Lodge merely has videos relating to the re-design of CSS-Tricks.

I don’t think it was ever intended to compete or compare with the other sites you have listed.

Zoom
    Participant

Yes, I understand it is not exactly the same, but I guess the aim is similar – to educate users. So say I want to learn how to best create photoshop designs for responsive websites. Is the Lodge a good place to learn this?

Paulie_D

No….it’s entirely (at the moment) dedicated to a specific project…the redesign/revamp of the CSS-Tricks website.

One of the sites you listed would be much more appropriate. You could also check out http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/

Zoom
    Participant

I see. The description of the Lodge claims that one of the things you can learn is “Working in Adobe Photoshop to create the look and feel of a website”. So in what way it is not equivalent to a tutsplus course? I was hopping that this could be even better since it is about a real website, as opposed to a dummy website which is usually used in courses.

Paulie_D

Hey…don’t believe me if you don’t want to.

The Lodge is (at the moment) an area where Chris can show his Kickstarter contributors where their money went. It’s going to assume certain levels of familiarity with PS, HTML & CSS.

I don’t consider it having intention to educate but if you feel the overwhelming desire to join then feel free.

Of course, at the moment, there are only 9 videos from 150 and only 4 of them involve PS and those involve making coloured boxes.

Chris may come back to it (and probably will) but just don’t complain that you weren’t advised when it doesn’t meet your needs. I jus feel that the other sites would suit you better and provide better value.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.