Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS The eternal IE compatibility issue (jQuery ScrollTo plugin)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dalecooper

Hi,

In a duo with my other post in javascript section : “delay a complex mouseover”, I’m here to ask why Internet Explorer can’t seem to behave correctly with positioning elements inside a div.

Here is a website I put up online to debug the ergonomics:
    http://plateforme.test.pagesperso-orange.fr/marijoulet/index.html

So there is a wrapper that use a jquery ScrollTo to go from one side of a map to the other. Inside, several elements are placed with pixel positioning to interact with the map (at first I used percents, but Internet Explorer just went mad and showed nothing!).

Two things here:

1) Internet Explorer does not seem to understand things as other browsers, and give the first item (the first side of the map) a too large width.

2) The elements inside the wrapper which serves as placeholders for interactions are not positioned correctly. So to get a css popup, you have to look for the link!

This behavior does not exist in other browsers, so I blame IE for not being able to understand things correctly.

I’m asking two things here:
    Why IE behave like this ?
    Do you know a cleverer method to achieve what I’m trying to achieve ?

Right now, I’m considering Image Map’s and images as popups. So exit beautiful codes etc…, I’ll have to deal with coordinates and images everywhere!

**EDIT: just had to assign width and height to the map … ^^**

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.