Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS The Dreaded IE8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robertallen
    Participant

I had a huge wakeup call when I realized a client was discovering in her analytics that IE8 was still being used by 50% of her Windows users (and she gets a lot of traffic).

So I’ve been going into all my sites, and fixing border radiuses (with PIE) and box shadows (still can’t get this one all the time, but I’ll make a post about it later)

One of the things I’ve noticed is I can’t seem to float:right an image in IE-8.

http://www.robertallenbaker.com/awestar/cambodia

Well, I guess I’m wondering….should I be using float:right to align images right and around text or something else?

Senff
    Participant

Of course float:right; works fine in IE8 (and things look good when I visit your site in IE8 too), so there must be something else going wrong there…

robertallen
    Participant

I’m so embarrassed.

I cleared my cache a few times to see if it changed, and it did.

So sorry about that.

IE8 seems to not clear cache unless you do it several times, or maybe it’s just my Virtual Box acting up on me.

Thank you so much.

theacefes

This probably isn’t what happened to you, but just a word of advice: careful with CSS PIE. I have used it in sites in the past and it has had the tendency to cause elements on the page to behave strangely.

robertallen
    Participant

Good idea. It doesn’t HAVE to have rounded edges or box shadows.

Just hate how sites look on IE8 when I’m done with them.

Such a fan of not using images to make rounded edges now that CSS can handle it effectively.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.