Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS the css just isn’t displaying

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Towers

I’ve been playing around in Coda lately, building a website for a friend (which he isn’t going to use; I’m just using his name while I play around), and in Coda everything looks fine. The CSS file is neat, the html is neat, but the styling isn’t affecting the page at all for me in Firefox 3b5 or Camino (edit: apparently doesn’t work in Opera 9 either), though it does work in Safari. I have not tested this on a PC, but I assume that it is just either this Mac or something to do with my code.

You can see it live here.

Thoughts?

(As an aside, will someone tell me what to do in order to get "Ryan Fitzgerald" on the same line as the navigation? I haven’t been able to figure out what I am doing wrong.)

Towers

Oh jeez. Thanks Edwin.

I don’t really know how I forgot that and then missed it when I was going back to see what was wrong. All I need to figure out now is how to get the name and the nav on the same line.

Towers

I added that and played with the padding, and it now works fine. Thanks again Edwin.

Towers

So I’ve been converting the site to worpdress (rationalizing that having a separate blog area is sort of obsolete) and the menu is totally messed up. It displays fine; it just doesn’t align properly.

The navigation links should all be on the right side, with a 2.5% padding on the right. The blog title (for now, "Ryan Fitzgerald", because I am lazy) should be aligned left, with a 2.5% padding on the left. When they are on the same line, the navigation moves towards the blog title, which I absolutely do not want.

I tried playing around with taking the <h1> out of the navigation div, but it didn’t seem to do much other than put it places I didn’t want it. Should I just use more padding or margins or something to get the links over on the right?

(PS: disregard the nonsense posts and most of the rest of the site. it’s still in the works.)

med

I had to do something similar – place two pieces of text on the same line but one had to be on the left and the other on the right. So I did a quick google search which led me back to this site, here: https://css-tricks.com/left-align-and-ri … same-line/

I used that method and it worked quite nicely, I think it should work with your menu and title too.

Towers

Sorry Edwin. It’s a fairly common joke on the internet, but I didn’t mean to offend you.

And thanks Med!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.