Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Text running under scroll bar in IE7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    A_Sinopoli
    Participant

I have a site that for some reason has the text in the body copy running under the scroll bar. Not in IE 8, and I don’t have anything running with IE6. The site is fine on XP, Vista and MAC… Looks great on Firefox, Safari and IE8.

Firefox has "firebug", so you can test css live. IE has nothing like that. Since everything is lined up correctly in all other browsers I am hesitant to adjust the main "layout.css". I have made adjustments to the "ieonly.css and ie7only.css" without anything taking. My thinking on this is anything duplicated in the css files when the IE script is called it will over-ride the layout.css and take the ie.css.

I’m at a loss… Everything should be working. IE sucks!

Here is the code for the css links:
    <!–[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/ieonly.css" type="text/css" /><![endif]–>
    <!–[if IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/ie7only.css" type="text/css" /><![endif]–>
    <link href="/templates/xxxxsepain/css/ieonly.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="/templates/xxxxsepain/css/ie7only.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="/templates/xxxxsepain/css/template.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="/templates/xxxxsepain/css/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="/templates/xxxxsepain/css/general.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="/templates/system/css/system.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="/templates/xxxxsepain/css/menu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

TheDoc

I’m afraid you’ll need to post a little more information if you are looking for advice!

The best thing you could do is provide a link to the site in question.

A_Sinopoli
    Participant

The url is http://www.sepaincare.com

I think I may have it fixed but have to rely on outside users to get back with me on my change, which they haven’t as of yet.

If you need additional info let me know.

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.