Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Testing WordPress Security

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fs_tigre

Hi,

I was reading the security section in the Digging Into WordPress book and I was wondering if there is a way to test the security level after doing all this security options, in other words I would like to know if this was done correctly and the security of my site has been improved after all of those changes.

I’m a little scared about security since one of my sites was recently hacked and I alway thought that hackers only focus on big sites and don’t bother with small unnoticeable ones but unfortunately I learned the hard way that its not true, any site can be hacked, even mine that had almost 0 traffic, I think part of the problem was that I was using the Admin account with full privileges and it looks like this is one of the most common mistakes we the beginners do. After reading Digging Into WordPress it looks like changing the privileges for the admin account should be one of the first steps in wordPress security.

Is there a way to test the security level of your WordPress site after taking all the security measurements?

It would be nice if Chris would create a Video cast about security for WordPress (this can be for all who have bought the book Digging Into WordPress only) this way we can follow step by step and make sure we are doing it right.

Thanks

Kenneth

First thing I always do with a fresh install, is to make another account with administrator capabilities and delete the "admin" account.

fs_tigre

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.