Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other testing responsive web design checklist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sadunaresh
    Participant

can someone share me a checklist kind of thing to evaluate completeness of Responsiveness?

note: Im aware of using browser resizing and some web developer plugins for browsers for testing responsiveness. what I need is list of parameters that evaluate completeness..

Paulie_D

what I need is list of parameters that evaluate completeness..

There isn’t one as far as I know…at least not one everyone could agree on.

A quick google search might help.

I found this in less than a minute…don’t know if it will help.

http://www.smartinsights.com/user-experience/website-design/responsive-web-design/

sadunaresh
    Participant

Thank you for replying, Paulie…

I have seen that website already(before posting question here).. quite informative.. but not actually what I wanted..

There isn’t one as far as I know…at least not one everyone could agree on.

A quick google search might help.

in that case.. I will have to search more on this, and have my own checklist

TheDoc

For fluidity testing I just resize my browser. Super simple and super effective.

For testing iOS I use the iOS Simulator that is built into Xcode which let’s me testing iPhone (+ retina) and iPad (+ retina).

sadunaresh
    Participant

@TheDoc

thank you for reply..

my question is, what aspects of the website needs to be taken into account to confirm it is 100% RWD?

suppose somebody developed a website and claims it to be 100% responsive.
    Later, when you check, some image or some part of content is not changing its behavior on resizing browser, in that case, I would like to have a good checklist what are acceptable and what are not in responsive terms..

Im aware, how to check the behavior of site at different resolutions…

Paulie_D

Later, when you check, some image or some part of content is not changing its behaviour on resizing browser

How do you know if the image/content is supposed to do anything…can you see all of it, is it popping out of a container, is the layout breaking?

Just because it doesn’t look the way you think it’s supposed to look doesn’t mean it’s not responsive…it might be their interpretation of RWD.

Unless the layout is actually breaking and content that is clearly intended to be there is inaccessible (or I have to do a lot of work to access it) I’m not ready to call any site unresponsive.

Perhaps you could provide an actual link to explain why you think this site (and I think you have one in mind) is not 100% responsive.

sadunaresh
    Participant

@Paulie.. the one I have in my mind is not hosted yet…

having learnt that there is no benchmark for responsiveness and it depends on People’s opinion, I am building my own opinion.. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.