Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Testing in multiple versions of IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gno

Hi,

I have an old PC laptop which I want to revive as a IE-tester. The only downside of my macbook pro is that it cannot test on one of the most used browsers, and I do not want to pay for virtualizer software like VMware and Parallels when I still got that old Dell around…

The question now is; Do you know any kind of software that allows you to install multiple versions of IE on the same machine?

I think that this is a quite common issue, so I have faith that my fellow web developers from the forsaken microsoft world, will be able to help me out on this one ;-)

IE6, 7 and 8 are the only ones I want.

Gustav

Arvid

From a search this is the one I found, I also seem to recall seeing Chris using it.

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

I’m sorry if this was not what you were looking for.

gno

Thanks alot Arvid, it is worth a try!

I would still appreciate alternatives if there is other suggestions :-)

gno

@ChristopherBurton: Thanks – I was not aware of that. But my trusty old Dell is an old fellow. He’s running Windows XP, and as far as I know, IE9 is not supporting XP. :-(

clokey2k
    Participant

I use IE Tester, it also has options to disable cacheing, and scripts in each of the tabs (useful to view small tweaks). Open all but IE9 tabs (in XP obviously).
    You can also download debugbar – IE’s answer to an inspection tool. It isn’t great but it can sure help!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.