Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Table cell media query doesn't work with Safari.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    E.J.Kim
    Participant

Hello, I have come up with the idea of using “display: table” properties for responsive columns. Depending on the aspect of ratio, I input “display: table-row” or “display-cells to make the columns responsive. You can check my example from here.

http://jsfiddle.net/ejkim2000/NXmfk/

It works well with Firefox, IE 9, and Chrome(desktop). I don’t get any problem with them.

However, it doesn’t work with Safari, Safari(mobile), and Chrome(mobile). Once I open the browser it shows the correct form of columns but when I change the size of the window or rotate the screen from portrait to landscape or the other way around, basically it’s self generating extra columns, so the columns don’t display properly. You can try with the example above with Safari, then you’ll get the idea. This image will also give you the idea of what’s happening with browsers.

Could someone help me to figure this out and make the columns work properly? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.