Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Tabindex issue on form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mistahtea
    Participant

Hello- I’m using Contact Form 7 on wordpress and am having an issue with tabindex not working. Apparently I’m formatting something incorrectly. Tried to resolve on the plugin support forum but I’m not getting anywhere. Hoping someone has an idea on how to resolve this.

[text* tabindex:1 placeholder "Name *"] [email* tabindex:2 placeholder "Email *"] [text tabindex:3 placeholder "Subject"] [textarea* tabindex:4 placeholder "Your message *"] [submit "Send Message"]

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/tabindex-not-working?replies=4#post-8101050

jkinney768
    Participant

This really shouldn’t be an issue, no? Form elements are focusable in the browser natively and don’t require a tabindex. You should just be able to remove those and have it work as intended.

Unless there’s some other issue at hand?

mistahtea
    Participant

I tried without tagindex and it doesn’t work either.

jkinney768
    Participant

Do you have a link? Or perhaps make a reduced test with a CodePen?

jkinney768
    Participant

Here is a small demo, you can tab to input fields just fine without a tabindex. http://codepen.io/jason-kinney/full/XdXPaV/

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to accomplish?

mistahtea
    Participant

OK- I need to clarify. I want to have the cursor in the first form field when the page loads so the user doesn’t have to click.

jkinney768
    Participant

Ah, thank you for clarifying. If that’s the case, then tabindex is not what you want. If you apply autofocus to the first input, that should give you what you’re looking for…

<input type="text" id="name" autofocus/>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.