Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Syntax highlighting for textarea via greasemonkey or similar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gettingbored

I use an in house CMS to edit HTML and CSS inside of textarea elements. I use a custom user stylesheet to set a monospace font but that’s made me want some syntax highlighting.

I’m looking to be able to apply it in a similar method of applying user stylesheets, I.e. by URL and hopefully by ID or class. That way when I go to the page to edit the code it looks nice and I can tell if I’ve missed something like a quote easily.

Anybody know of anything?

Cheers!

julienqs
    Participant

Hi everyone.

Thanks for this interesting post. Did you finally manage to make it work? I am facing the same kind of challenge.

I am new to GreaseMonkey and CodeMirror and really love the potential of both frameworks. Now I don’t have that much experience and mostly don’t know how to debug it, so it’s pretty complicated to develop a working script.

What I want to achieve is the following:
    – I have an existing website that features wiki pages edition in The code is not formatted and it is challenging to develop on for HTML newbies.
    – The wiki page HTML code edition takes places in a specific textarea, that I know the ID of (using Firebug it was pretty easy to find).
    – I started from Kaskus’ Userscript (http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/156308) to create a CodeMirror textarea from the HTML code text area, with no success.

I have been struggling with this for already 4 hours and would really appreciate any help. I can provide the code if needed, so if you can point me to what I am doing wrong, or tell me how I can troubleshoot/debug it, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.