Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript swfobject and jQuery .load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    brianatlarge

Here’s my situation.

I have several SWF’s that load their own FLV. On my page, I have a list of videos. When you click on one of the items in that list, it uses the jQuery .load method to grab a specific <div> in another file that contains an SWF. This works great.

Code:
    $(document).ready(function () {
    $(‘.videoListItem#aoiexplained’).addClass(‘videoListCurrent’); //Highlights first video in list

//Load the first video
    $(‘#videoPlayer’).prepend(‘loading‘);
    $(‘#videoPlayer’).load(‘videocontent.php #aoiexplained’, function() {
    $(‘.loading’).remove();
    });
    //Highlight video in list
    $(‘.videoListItem’).hover(function() {
    $(this).toggleClass(‘videoListHover’);
    });
    //Load clicked video
    $(‘.videoListItem’).click(function() {
    var currentVideo = $(this).attr(‘id’);
    $(‘.videoListItem’).removeClass(‘videoListCurrent’); //Unhighlight videos in list
    $(‘.videoListItem#’+currentVideo+”).addClass(‘videoListCurrent’); //highlight current video in list
    $(‘.videoContainer’).remove();
    $(‘#videoPlayer’).prepend(‘loading‘);
    $(‘#videoPlayer’).load(‘videocontent.php #’+currentVideo+”, function() {
    $(‘.loading’).remove();
    });
    });
    });

This is the code from that external file:

Code:

The AOI Explained

I’m tired of making a new SWF for every new video I add, so I’ve started using swfobject to pass the value of the FLV path into a single SWF, so I don’t have to make a new SWF any time I want to add a new video.

Code:

The AOI Explained

This works great by itself in a test file, but unfortunately, I think that loading that div in dynamically is interfering with the swfobject javascript because it’s only displaying the alternate code.

Is there a way I can use swfobject and only load the videos in when I click in a certain link?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.