Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other SVG image conundrum. Saved, and uploaded from web, but only displays code in browser!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’m trying to save a rather large image (1500x1500px) as an SVG file (rather than PNG) for efficiency sake. It is a vector file, and it would be well suited for this type of thing. I’m using it in a web-design, and its a critical element (that animates). Well, every-time I would either embed the svg image as an object, or declare it as a css background, I would get nothing but the source code in the browser.

Investigating further, I saved and uploaded an svg file from wikipedia to my personal site, and while the browser displays the image (a flag) hosted on their site, it displays only source code from the same image hosted on my site.

Wikipedia

My Site

This is driving me bonkers. “The source xml is exactly the same!” I said. “But wait, surely that means Godaddy is screwing me over!” So, I found an article (http://n3wt0n.com/blog/displaying-an-svg-hosted-by-godaddy/) talking about having to add mime-types to your htaccess file. So I added;

AddType image/svg+xml svg
    AddType image/svg+xml svgz
    AddEncoding x-gzip .svgz

…. and still, nothing! This is driving me absolutely crazy. If anyone has any clue as to what is happening, please let me know.

Thanks, Aaron.

jamygolden

It seems to be working for me. I tried in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

TT_Mark

I know ie8 and below don’t natively support svg but I assume you aren’t using that as you say youve seen it working on wikipedia.

Works on iPhone safari in any case

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.