Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Superfish Integration – Vertical Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arosendrea
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to create a “more forgiving menu” on my website, after I read the article below, I noticed that my menu is too fast and needs delay to allow a faster travel path for customers to get to my subcategories.

Article: https://css-tricks.com/dropdown-menus-with-more-forgiving-mouse-movement-paths/

This is a finicky issue due to this built-in integration of Superfish. I’m running a store on BigCommerce and Superfish JS/CSS is already implemented in the template files (as in I cannot access these files via FTP/WebDAV) and being called externally.

Here’s my site: http://petroleumservicecompany.com

If you look at the source and search “superfish” you can find the references. However I’m perplexed as why my menu isn’t working properly. I did not add any classes or CSS– this was built in by BigCommerce but I can modify certain elements. I just need a push in the right direction.

Other than the external calls to the superfish.js / superfish.css — here is script found in the source (this is built into BigCommerce and I cannot touch this code directly– can I override it somehow?)

$(function(){ if (typeof $.fn.superfish == "function") { $("ul.sf-menu").superfish({ delay: 2000, dropShadows: false, speed: "fast" }) .find("ul") .bgIframe(); } })
    rkieru
    Participant

This may not solve your issues, but have you looked into whether BigCommerce has an area in your control panel / template controls to modify the JavaScript? My best guess would be that being able to modify the delay or speed options in the above script may provide you a bit more forgiving dropdown menu.

arosendrea
    Participant

Ah yes, I’ve dug around– now there is a section that controls the delay in the control panel and it changes the delay (see code above).

So that’s how I figured out that it was a direct integration. However, this only controls “horizontal” navigation and mine is vertical. So I’m not entirely sure how to tell it otherwise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.