Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other suggestions for improving portfolio web site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    suefeng

Hello,

I’d like some suggestions on how I may improve my portfolio web site at http://suefeng.net. If you have any suggestions pertaining the layout or structure, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

suefeng

Thanks krysak4ever! I made changes to it. Hopefully the colors look better. I also increased the spacing between image and text.

suefeng

Thanks for the suggestions Schmotty. I think using the same blue for the bottom text does not work so well with the tan background. but I can try. I’ll try to make the images larger for larger screen sizes. Do you know if there’s a way to test on bigger screen sizes than the one I’m using? Or do I have to have a larger screen to do the testing?

suefeng

The problem with making the images bigger on bigger screens is the text stays the same while the images get bigger. The width will also stay the same because otherwise the text will be going across the screen in rows that are too long. I’d like to keep the images at 3 per row. That’s a bit tricky. I can make the pictures slightly bigger though.

Mottie

Hi suefeng! Nice work!

One issue I noticed is with the text that pops up when hovering over an image. The white is semi-transparent and makes it difficult to read. Hover over the Ducati image to see what I mean. You can still make the background transparent using background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5) without reducing the text transparency.

suefeng

That’s wonderful Mottie! That does look much better with solid colored text.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.